Join the crew
Jobs at St Michaels Resort
St Michaels Resort is a stylish and contemporary, coastal chic AA 4-star hotel overlooking a blue flag beach and ocean views.
Falmouth is a vibrant community where you can live, work and enjoy the charms of the Cornish coast all year, and recently voted one of the top ten areas to live in the country in the Sunday Times Newspaper.
Our brand new Arrival Lounge, health-focused Garden Kitchen and luxury 5-star St Michaels Spa has launched with 10 treatment rooms, rhassoul mud treatment room, hydrotherapy pool, thermal suite and outdoor spa garden.
St Michaels Resort is currently recruiting for the following positions...
The Digital Marketing Manager is responsible for the development of the St Michaels brand in the online world and its CRM strategy.
This includes enhancements of all online presences for the brand (including content management), digital media planning and creation and execution of online advertising, development of St Michaels’ global social media presence and coordination and assessment of targeted client e-communications.
The role will assist in the creation and implementation of the marketing and e-commerce strategy for the hotel (Rooms, Food & Drink, Meetings & Events, Health Club, Spa and other) in order to increase the hotel’s revenue across all markets and segments.
Duties and responsibilities:
o Create, manage & review all digital advertising campaigns, including Pay Per Click, Display, Retargeting and Meta Search
o Continually assess and develop the brand’s website in order to increase traffic, engagement, conversions, online sales and subsequent offline sales
o Report and recommend updates in response to detailed traffic and competitor analysis
o Lead St Michaels’ online content strategy
o With support, action content updates for all website pages
o Coordinate website translations
o Manage incumbent external web development agency
o Monitor and manage all third-party web listings
o Produce weekly reports on digital performance
CRM & Email:
o Monitor St Michaels’ CRM systems and administer/interrogate where necessary
o Develop and implement segmentation strategies to target email campaigns
o Extract mailing lists when required
o Using segmentation groups, set email campaigns at Resort, Rooms, Spa, Health Club and Food & Beverage levels
o With support, build and send all enewsletters
o Ensure a strong auto-email customer journey is in place
o Through pre-stay emails, upsell and convert OTA customers to direct
o Create enticing campaigns for current, lapsed and prospect customers
o Drive database growth and measure, analyse and report on all enewsletter campaigns
o Direct strategy and review content across social platforms for growth & engagement
o Work closely with the PR agency to evaluate influencer partnerships and other opportunities to drive growth
o Monitor, track and operate within the agreed yearly budget
o Provide operational support with occasional Duty Manager shifts
Professional attributes, skills & experience:
o A minimum of 5 years marketing experience, with agency or in house
o Strong project management and organisational skills
o A passion for digital and developing technology
o Expert, hands-on experience with PPC and paid media platforms, including social
o Strong knowledge of best SEO practice
o Experience of reporting on organic and paid-for online campaigns
o Strong analytical ability with Google Analytics experience
o E-newsletter campaign building experience
o Dotmailer experience an advantage
o CRM and segmentation experience and understanding
o Mac and PC literate (knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign an advantage)
o Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
o Excellent organisational, administrative and project management skills
o Display initiative, an eye for detail and effective research skills
o Be a team player, resourceful, flexible and responsive in dealing with people
o Able to work under pressure to short deadlines
o Experience within the hospitality industry is an advantage, but not critical
o Experience in copywriting for websites, email and social
You will receive a highly competitive salary of £32,000 - £35,000, together with employee benefits such as meals on duty, health club membership, friends & family room rates, incremental holiday entitlement, and a commitment to your ongoing development.
How to apply:
Please send a copy of your CV and covering letter detailing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 18th March 2019. Please indicate your current salary and notice period. Due to the large number of applications normally received, regretfully we are only able to reply to candidates who have been shortlisted.
You will receive a highly competitive salary, together with employee benefits such as meals on duty, health club membership, friends & family room rates, incremental holiday entitlement, and a commitment to your ongoing development.
Our newly opened St Michaels Spa with the largest hydrotherapy pool in the south west has already been awarded 5 bubbles by The Good Spa Guide and is a finalist in the Best newcomer and Best in the South West at the 2018 Good Spa Awards.
We are now looking for more therapists to join the crew due to immense popularity!!!
The Role of a Spa Therapist:
Our Spa Therapists are responsible for the delivery of a wide array of holistic, hands-on and maintenance spa treatments, utilising premier brands such as Elemis, Natura Bisse, Ishga, Made For Life Organics OPI and The Natural Spa factory. Working days include evenings and weekends.
£9 per hour starting rate of pay increases upon successfully completing product house training.
To be considered you must have:
· NVQ level 3 qualified
· At least 1 year’s spa experience
· excellent communication skills
· Be prepared to train in our spa’s specific treatments
· Be motivated and driven
· Volunteer for new challenges
· Take a flexible and adaptable approach to work
· Be punctual and prepared well in advance of treatments
· A good sense of humour, charismatic, stylish, fun, tenacious, energy & drive
· A real passion for spa and wellness
· Dedication to customer delight
· 30-minute wellness massage per month
· Gel colour nail treatment per month
· 10% commission on retail sold
· 40% discount on retail purchases excluding gift sets
· Discounted Health club membership
Other highlights of the spa include:
· 10 treatment rooms, 5 with en-suite showers
· 21 massage stations within the hydrotherapy pool
· The world’s first Cornish sea salt steam room
· Heated poolside loungers
· Rainforest steam room
· Glass-fronted Finnish herbal sauna
· Morrocan rhassoul offering a mud-steam experience
· Three experience showers, including an ‘Ice Bucket Challenge’
· Garden with a sundeck, red cedar-wood hot tub and barrel sauna with sea views
· A deep relaxation room
· Specialist manicure and pedicure champagne bar, with nailcare by OPI
· More than 60 treatments are on offer using products that include the luxury British brand Elemis, Ishga – an organic seaweed-based skincare range and Natura Bissé – renowned for its Diamond Collection. Made for Life Organics – whose botanical-based products are handmade in Cornwall and The Natural Spa Factory who’s natural clay muds imaginary scented scrubs complete the rhassoul experience.
You will assist in maintaining the highest standards of professionalism in all aspects of the spa operation, ensuring all treatments are carried out to the highest standard, retail sales targets are met, and high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are adhered to at all times. You will promote a friendly and relaxing environment for customers and colleagues using the facilities.
Looking for a new, exciting challenge? The 5-bubble rated spa at St Michaels is the place for you!
To apply for this role please email your CV along with the answer to the following questions to Lucymingo@stmichaelshotel.co.uk.
1. What inspires you about coming to work at St Michaels?
2. What is your favourite treatment to deliver?
3. If you don’t meet all the criteria, what more can you bring to the role?
We’re looking for:
A room attendant to join our Housekeeping team. You will report to the Head Housekeeper/Duty Manager. The role will require you to be fully flexible in your availability and will involve a 9am/9.30am start and will finish when all job requirements are completed.
Working primarily on your own you will be a part of the Housekeeping team and will be expected to deliver exceptional standards to ensure that hotel rooms are clean, tidy and inviting for our guests. You will be required to assist the Maintenance team by identifying anything that requires repairing and ensuring that it is followed through to job completion. Ensuring you are compliant with all Health, Safety and Hygiene legislation, ensuring high levels of cleanliness is met at all times.
Our ideal candidate:
• You must have/be able to demonstrate success/experience in a similar role and preferably within a 4-5 star hotel.
• Be able to demonstrate a high standard of work and attention to detail.
• Have the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
• Be able to demonstrate a polite and helpful manner when dealing with guests as well as a respect for their privacy.
• Must have a flexible approach.
• Must have a vision and focus to achieve the high standards expected.
Rate per hour plus additional benefits:
£7.38/hour (under 25) and £7.83/hour (over 25) on a zero hours contract and will involve weekend shifts as well as throughout the week and public holidays including Christmas. Uniform will be provided as well as additional staff benefits.
How to apply:
Applications to go to email@example.com.